Friday, January 8, 2010

Well that was a long break!

Wow, what happened?? I haven't made a new post in about a month?! If you're wondering if that means that I fell off the wagon, the answer is heck yeah!

The problem I always run into is that I am first and foremost an emotional eater. And holy hell, I have been having some emotions!! In the last month we found out that we were getting my step-daughter for Christmas (which was awesome news) but resulted in some unexpected travel expenses that ended up being over $1,000 (so maybe I ate some fudge over that) then my brother announced he is getting a divorce (I possibly ate some extra suger cookies over that one) because his wife of 18 years is having an affair (a wedge of cheeseball) with another woman (more fudge!!)! So 2010 is off to a pretty wild start for my family!

So, wow, overall I don't think the damage to my diet was tooooo crazy, but definitely not good. For about the last week I've had my head on straight and have been business as usual, although I am currently too chicken to get on the scale.

So here is at least my daily menu:

Breakfast: omelette with 2 egg whites and 1 egg, with a piece of low fat string cheese cut into it, a cup of low sodium V8, a cup of fruit (either strawberries or an orange).

Snack: 15 almonds and a piece of fruit

Lunch: Salad w/ grilled chicken (today I had oatmeal, needed something a little comforting)

Dinner: something healthy and loaded with vegetables (tonight is stuffed bell peppers, last night was stir-fry)

Snack: piece of toast with peanut butter and sugar free jelly, cup of tea with milk and sugar.

So hopefully by mid-January I will undo the damage from December and I certainly wish all the best results to all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment