Monday, November 2, 2009

So That....

I don't remember where I heard this from (if it was you, please let me know so that I can give you credit!) but someone had some great advice on spelling out our goals.

The idea is to state your goal and then continue to put "so that..." at the end and to continue to do that until you get down to the real nitty gritty.

Here is my example:

I want to be a fit size 8 by my 30th birthday (so that...)

I will feel great about myself (so that...)

I will have the confidence to go out and do more things (so that...)

my daughter can have a better role model (so that...)

my daughter will have a more positive childhood with lots of adventures and grow up to be a confident adult.

Ta da! And I really believe that the more we spell out our goals, the more likely we are to force ourselves to achieve them.

In other news, I receive a LOT of inspiration from the contestants on Biggest Loser (not all of them of course, we all know Tracey is completely nuts!!) and have been inspired by Abby (the poor woman who lost her entire family to a car accident). Something that she said really clicked for me, and that was that her extra weight was keeping her from being a participant in life and losing the weight has helped her to live in the moment and participate in life again. I feel like if someone has gone through what Abby has, and is now able to participate in life again, that just gives so much hope to all of us! I don't have terrible tragedies in my life (thank goodness) but really feel like my self-image and weight is keeping me from participating in life and living in the moment and my goal is to overcome that.

No comments:

Post a Comment